Sakan Lam is a certified instructor in Jeet Kune Do and the Filipino Martial Arts, with over 15 years of martial arts experience. Beginning his martial arts journey in the United States, he began studying Shaolin Kung Fu since 2001, eventually attaining the rank of 2nd Degree Black Belt.
After a major career change in 2007, he moved to Thailand where he would meet his teachers – Sifu Tylus Quan Do, Guro Mark Stewart, Guro Gianfranco Lanucara, Sifu John Koeshall, Professor Dominique Fontanarosa, Sifu Nicholas ‘JJ’ Lee, Tuhon Ray Dionaldo, and Mr. Lee Morrison.
Under their tutelage, he began to extensively train in the arts of Jeet Kune Do, Wing Chun, Muay Thai, Kali, Silat, Savate, MMA, & Urban Combatives. This would lead him to become a representative of Core Combat Unlimited, MANONUDA, FCS Kali Thailand and most recently, Thru The Fire.
Sakan has taught self-defense and combatives in seminars worldwide. Through teaching online tutorials via social media and YouTube, he has reached a worldwide audience with thousands of subscribers. His main motivation is to provide others with self-esteem, health, and confidence through the discipline found in martial arts training.
• Core Combat Unlimited Instructor Representative Level 2 (Sifu Tylus Quan Do)
• Jeet Kune Do Instructor Level 2 (Sifu Mark Stewart, Boxer Rebellion International)
• Panantukan Instructor Level 2 (Guro Mark Stewart, Boxer Rebellion International)
• 2nd Degree Black Belt in DUMAA Eskrima International (Sir Ike Xavier Villaflores)
• 2nd Degree Black Belt in Shaolin Kung Fu (Chinese Shao-Lin Center)
• Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Blue Belt under Coach Ryan Cheng (Pure Grappling)
• Trainer Level 1 in MATTCOM Personal Defense Coaching (Mattias Persson)
• FCS Kali Level 1 (Tuhon Ray Dionaldo)
• Representative of FCS KALI Thailand (Tuhon Ray Dionaldo)
• Apprentice Instructor in Jeet Kune Do & The Filipino Martial Arts (Sifu John Koeshall, Thru The Fire)
• Apprentice Urban Combatives Instructor (Lee Morrison, Urban Combatives)
• Affiliate of MANONUDA Thailand (Guro Gianfranco Lanucara, MANONUDA)
• Honorary Member of FMA International Brotherhood (Grandmaster Claudio Maurelli)
• Cornerman and Assistant Coach for ONE Championship Fighters (Rin Saroth, Yohan Mulia Legowo, Rockie Bactol, Setthawut Naimthanom)
• Gold Medalist in Zendokai Thailand Tournament 2023 (Full-Contact Karate & MMA, -70kg)
• Gold Medalist in Siam Cup BJJ Winter Edition 2022 (Master 2 Division, White Belt -70kg)
• Gold Medalist in Zendokai Thailand Open 2018 (Full-Contact Karate & Newaza, Featherweight Division)
• Best Fighter Honors, Zendokai Thailand Open 2018 (Full-Contact Karate & Newaza)
• Gold Medalist in the 5th Asian SQAY Championship 2017 (Adult Weapons Fighting, Bantamweight Division)
• Gold Medalist in Chiang Mai Open BJJ Tournament 2016 (No-Gi, Featherweight Division)
• Silver Medalist in Neo Fight Amateur MMA Tournament 2018 (Featherweight Division)
• Silver Medalist in Chiang Mai Full-Contact Ju-Jitsu Tournament 2018 (Bantamweight Division)
• Silver Medalist in Siam Cup BJJ Tournament 2022 (Master Division, White Belt -70kg)
• Bronze Medalist in Siam Cup BJJ Winter Edition 2022 (Beginner No-Gi, Adult -73kg)
• Bronze Medalist in Rangsit Zendokai Thailand Open 2017 (Full-Contact Karate & Newaza, Bantamweight Division)
• Featured on the Joe Rogan Podcast
• Featured on FightVision.net
Sakan’s Expert Advice
Every serious Martial Artist, Beginner or Advanced has his daily morning routines. Not only you get incredibly fit and versatile with those morning routines, they also give you the edge over every opponent by teaching you the necessary discipline and skillset for every occasion.
We’d like to give you all of Sakan’s 9 morning routines inside your free personal Core Combat Chiang Mai Online Members area. All you have to do is sign up for your free Members Account by clicking the following button:
Many people are keen to learn a new martial art or develop an existing skill set, but often don’t have the opportunity to do so.
Which is why we offer a series of effective and easy-to-follow online courses, to give you the opportunity to study in the comfort of your home or anywhere you choose, at your own time and pace, with no training partner or special equipment necessary!
Create your FREE account and join our members area for access to free resources like morning routines for Martial Artists and free sample videos from our full online courses.