Core Combat Chiang Mai Head Instructor
Sakan Lam is a certified instructor in Jeet Kune Do and the Filipino Martial Arts, with over 15 years of martial arts experience. Beginning his martial arts journey in the United States, he began studying Shaolin Kung Fu since 2001, eventually attaining the rank of 2nd Degree Black Belt.
After a major career change in 2007, he moved to Thailand where he would meet his teachers – Sifu Tylus Quan Do, Guro Mark Stewart, Guro Gianfranco Lanucara, Sifu John Koeshall, Professor Dominique Fontanarosa, Sifu Nicholas ‘JJ’ Lee, Tuhon Ray Dionaldo, and Mr. Lee Morrison.
Under their tutelage, he began to extensively train in the arts of Jeet Kune Do, Wing Chun, Muay Thai, Kali, Silat, Savate, MMA, & Urban Combatives. This would lead him to become a representative of Core Combat Unlimited, MANONUDA, FCS Kali Thailand and most recently, Thru The Fire.
Sakan has taught self-defense and combatives in seminars worldwide. Through teaching online tutorials via social media and YouTube, he has reached a worldwide audience with thousands of subscribers. His main motivation is to provide others with self-esteem, health, and confidence through the discipline found in martial arts training.
– Core Combat Unlimited Instructor Representative Level 2 (Sifu Tylus Quan Do)
– Honorary Member of FMA International Brotherhood (Grandmaster Claudio Maurelli)
– Gold Medalist in Chiang Mai Open BJJ Tournament 2016 (No-Gi, Featherweight Division)
– Amateur MMA Record 2-2
– Online Courses by Sakan Lam: https://members.corecombatchiangmaionline.com
– Featured on the Joe Rogan Podcast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F3DWGcFeas
– Featured on FightVision.net: https://youtu.be/I9z7GcrjEm4